250g murunga (clean the raw murunga, cut in about 3″ pieces and wash)
1 onion (chopped)
2 green chillies (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 inch cinnamon stick
3 sprigs curry leaves
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 cup water
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
A few fenugreek seeds
- Put the murunga pieces in a saucepan add the dry ingredients and water.
- Mix well and let it come to the boil.
- When it starts to boil add coconut milk, stirring occasionally to avoid curdling.
- When the gravy starts simmering remove from heat.
- Add lime juice and check the seasoning
Serve with rice and enjoy!
© Ajith Perera. All rights reserved.