At home, this dish is served on special occasions. It is a 100% vegetarian, traditional dinner. Serve it by itself, or with chicken curry, or with my devilled potatoes. You don’t have to follow the recipe exactly – use whatever vegetables you like.
75g carrots, cut into strips (or julienne)
75g leeks or spring onion, washed and sliced
½ onion, sliced
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 green or red chilli
3 tablespoon olive oil
2 eggs, beaten
Salt and ground black pepper
- Boil the noodles for about 15 minutes, and drain
- Heat the wok or pan, then add the oil
- Fry the garlic and onion and when softened add the carrot and beaten eggs
- Lastly, add the leeks or spring onion and mix well
- Fry for about 5 minutes then remove from the heat
- Add the seasoning and gently stir into the noodles
What do you call a fake noodle? An impasta…
© Ajith Perera. All rights reserved.
Brilliant dish love your creative ideas will love to do one of your fusion ideas on my new menu.
Thanks Babrul! We had a really great meal at Masala Kitchen this week, looking forward to tasting YOUR cooking one day!
How ru ding and restaurant we miss ur lovely food will be there soon.
Hope u can arrange a table for us.
I would like to know the ingredients for the seasoning?
I really enjoy reading your blog after work! Thanks for doing what you do!