Stuffed Chilli (Mulumiris Purawala)
250g long capsicum peppers (cut down the side and seeded carefully)
100g red onion (chopped)
75g boiled potato, crushed
4 garlic cloves (chopped)
1 cup coconut milk
2 tablespoons Maldives fish (crushed)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons raw curry powder
1 teaspoon roasted curry powder
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 inch cinnamon stick
Sprigs of curry leaves
Salt to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil, add 2 garlic cloves, 50g of the onion, some curry leaves, Maldives fish, 1 teaspoon raw curry powder, potato and seasoning.
- Stuff the mixture into the capsicum and leave to one side.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a pan add the rest of garlic, onion and cinnamon stick, curry leaves and rest of the raw curry powder and mustard powder. Mix well then add coconut milk and seasoning.
- Let it start to simmer then arrange the stuffed chilli carefully and cover and cook them on a very low heat, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle with roasted curry powder.
Serve with boiled rice. Enjoy!
© Ajith Perera. All rights reserved.
Taste so good with plain boiled rice, Thanks for superb Sri Lankan curry.
Thank u hope u going to make it yourself it is very easy. Let me know if u like any other dishes or recipe’s. enjoy !