Sri Lankan Chicken Curry
Chicken curry can be made in so many different ways, even in Sri Lankan cuisine. It all depends on what sort of herbs and spices we use. This is my own simple recipe, without onion and coconut milk. I hope you all enjoy it!
500g chicken (skinless)
1 teaspoon raw curry powder
1 teaspoon roasted curry power
1 teaspoon mustard cream
1 teaspoon crushed chillies
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons ginger (chopped)
4 garlic cloves (chopped)
1 tablespoon soya sauce
1 tablespoon rosemary or mix dry herbs
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup water
- Wash the chicken and drain off the water
- Mix all the ingredients together except for the water, put to one side for a few minutes
- Heat the oil in a saucepan then add the chicken
- Cook for about 10 minutes making sure you do not burn the chicken
- Add the water, then the remaining ingredientS, mixing well together
- Cover and cook until gravy becomes thick
- Check the seasoning and serve
© Ajith Perera. All rights reserved.
Hi, I am Burgher from Sri Lanka.
From a very early age, my parents emigrated to the UK where I did all my growing up.
However that said, my Mother and older siblings continued to enjoy all the Sri Lankan dishes that were prepared, cooked and enjoyed through the generations.
I would like to try your recipes, namely the Sri Lankan Chicken Curry, the Vegetarian Biryani, the Potato Curry vegetable and the Ash Plantain and Brinjal recipes, but unfortunately you have not mentioned the servings?
Please can you kindly do this for me.
Many thanks and best regards
Story for late reply. 500g meat or fish curry you can serve ten people.
500g rice when you cook you can serve between eight to ten people too.