Sesame Asparagus with Hollandaise
200g baby asparagus spears (washed and dried)
2 tablespoons sesame seeds (toasted)
100g puff pastry sheet
20g grated parmesan
For the hollandaise sauce :
3 egg yolks
4 tarragon sprigs
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
100g salted butter (melted)
I teaspoon lemon juice
For the Hollandaise sauce:
- Fill a saucepan two thirds full with water and boil (or use a double boiler).
- In a separate saucepan heat the vinegar with the tarragon and reduce by half.
- Mix the egg yolks with the vinegar in a heatproof bowl, then put over the pan of boiling water and whisk until fluffy.
- Remove the egg mixture from the boiling water and add the melted butter slowly, whisking until the hollandaise thickens into a thin custard-like consistency. (Make sure there are no lumps – if so, add little hot water and mix well)
- Season with lemon and salt.
*** *** ***
- Heat the oven to 180*
- Roll the pastry on a floured worktop until thin.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan and cut into 1/2 inch thin strips.
- Wrap one or two asparagus from top to bottom in a pastry strip.
- Arrange on an ovenproof tray lined with oiled paper.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Pour over the Hollandaise and serve.
Poached eggs make a good addition to this delightful starter!
© Ajith Perera. All rights reserved.
Wow like to taste and see Thanks……