360g eggs (6 eggs)
200g double cream
50g chocolate powder
50g chocolate powder mixed with 5 tablespoons of hot water and 1 tablespoon sugar until it becomes a thick sauce
- Boil water, milk, butter, and sugar together then add the flour – mix well without lumps
- Let the mixture cool down then add beaten eggs, mix well
- To form the profiteroles, either form them using a tablespoon or pipe the mixture from a piping bag – don’t worry about the shape but keep 1″ apart on the baking tray
- Bake in a hot oven 180* about 20 minutes. Don’t open the oven door during the baking!
- When they are nice and golden brown, remove the profiteroles from the oven and allow to cool
- Then mix the filling ingredients together, and either pipe into the profiteroles or make a cut down the side and spoon it inside
- Arrange on a tray or dish, pour over the melted chocolate and sprinkle with 50g of chopped, roasted almonds
© Ajith Perera. All rights reserved.