250g semolina (roasted)
150g cashew nuts (chopped)
75g pumpkin preserve (finely cut)
5 tablespoon bee’s honey
6 tablespoons brandy
3 tablespoons vanilla
5 tablespoons rose essence
2 tablespoons rind of lime or lemon (finely cut)
1 teaspoon allspice
- Separate the egg yolks and cream together with the sugar.
- Add all the remaining ingredients.
- Finally fold in 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten.
- Line a cake tray with two sheets of greaseproof paper, brush with melted butter.
- Pour in the cake mixture, bake in a moderate oven 160 centigrade for 45 minutes, until golden brown on the top and springy to the touch.
Let it cool down and cut into squares. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Enjoy with your lover on this Valentine Day…
…and let me know!
© Ajith Perera. All rights reserved.