Cheese and Ham Stuffed Chicken
1 kg chicken breast (skinless and boneless)
200g ham (sliced)
150g emmental cheese, cut in to 10 sticks
50g seasoned flour (salt, pepper, dry herbs)
3 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
2 onions (chopped)
300g chopped tomato (skinless and seedless) or fresh tomatoes (peeled and chopped)
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp mixed herbs
200g courgettes (cut into thick slices)
3 capsicum peppers, mixed colours (seeded and diced)
1 glass of red wine
- Heat the oil add the garlic, onion and capsicum and fry until soft and aromatic
- Stir in the courgettes, tomato, wine, and the salt and pepper. Simmer until tender.
- Butterfly the chicken breast by slicing through along the long side, being careful not to cut all the way through. Fold out the breast and cover with cling film or greaseproof paper. Using a rolling pin, beat out the meat carefully until it is all roughly the same thickness.
- Place the ham and cheese stick onto the chicken, and fold the breast over to close.
- Place the seasoned flour on a large plate then dip each breast in to coat.
- Chill in the fridge for ten minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and seal the breast until golden on both sides.
- Arrange the chicken breasts in an ovenproof dish, spoon over the tomato mixture, cover with foil and bake at 180*C for 25 minutes.
Serve with boiled rice or potato
© Ajith Perera. All rights reserved.
Yes I like to try this dish looks great! Thanks a lot for sharing